Snap! Store’s “Show Your Spirit” TikTok Challenge
Take on our “Show Your Spirit” TikTok Challenge as we celebrate Music in Our Schools Month!
🎶? We’ve got spirit, how ‘bout you?
Are you part of a school music program? Well then grab your music program leader, your pep wear, and show us that school spirit!
The student that posts the video with the most likes will win one (1) AirPods Pro. Your music program leader will win one (1) voucher for a custom spirit wear shop from Snap! Store and your music program will win five hundred dollars ($500) of in-store credit.
How to Enter:
Show Your Spirit in…3…2…1 🎸🧢🥁🎽🎺
• Put on your spirit wear.
• Include your music leader.
• Create a video showing your spirit!
• Tag & follow @Snap_Spirit
• Put #Snap_Spirit in the caption.
• Post it on TikTok!
THIS CONTEST IS INTENDED FOR PLAY IN THE FIFTY (50) UNITED STATES ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY APPLICABLE LAW. DO NOT ENTER UNLESS YOU ARE ELIGIBLE AND LOCATED IN THE UNITED STATES AT THE TIME OF PARTICIPATION.
SNAP! STORE’S SHOW YOUR SPIRIT CONTEST (“CONTEST”) OFFICIAL RULES
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: The Contest is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States who are students enrolled in a middle school (grades 6-8) or high school (grades 9-12) and are participants in a school music program. All entrants must have parent/guardian consent to participate. or be 18 or older at the time of entry. Void where prohibited. Employees, officers, and directors of Snap! Mobile Inc. and affiliated companies, Web design, advertising and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment, and execution of this Contest (“Promotion Parties”), and their respective IRS dependents, immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, and their respective spouses), and individuals residing in their same household are not eligible to participate or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state, provincial and local laws, and regulations. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. Sponsor: The Contest is sponsored by Snap! Mobile, Inc. d/b/a Snap! Store, 8300 7th Ave S Seattle WA 98108 (“Sponsor”).
3. Contest Period: The Contest begins on March 18, 2022, at 12:00:00 a.m. Pacific Time (“PT”) and ends on April 1, 2022, at 11:59:00 p.m. PT (the “Contest Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official time-keeping device for the Contest.
4. How to Enter:
HOW TO ENTER: A valid public TikTok account (“Social Account”) and internet access are required to enter this Contest. During the Contest Period, @Snap_Spirit and sponsored Social Account users will post to TikTok that announces this Contest (a “Contest Post”).
During the Contest Period, Entrants must take the following actions to enter:
- Create an original 15-second, high-energy video showing yourself (the “Entrant”) and “your music program leader” displaying your “band or school spirit wear”
- Post an original self-created video to TikTok
- Include the following hashtags in your post: #SnapSpirit
- Tag and follow @Snap_Spirit
For the purposes of this Contest, “your music program leader” represents an adult (18 years old and older) leader who conducts or teaches a school band or music program. The “band or school spirit wear” represents customized clothing–usually t-shirts–that incorporate the school, music program, or marching band name or logo.
LIMIT: One (1) entry per person for the entire Contest Period. For clarity: Joint, group or team Entries are NOT permitted. A prize will only be awarded to one individual, the Entrant, who was confirmed as a winner. If other members of the Entire Group wish to submit an Entry, they may do so, however, the Entry must be substantially different than Entries previously submitted which include some or the same individuals as part of the Entire Group.
“Entry Guidelines” are stated below and in Section 5; all which must be adhered to.
Video must be owned by you, the Entrant, without any competing ownership interest that you know of, or should know.
- Video must follow the format as stated above (i.e., an original video showing yourself (the “Entrant”) and “your music program leader” showing off your “band or school spirit wear”).
- Video must not depict, incite, or encourage any violation of laws or any dangerous or reckless behavior.
- The caption of your Video must include the Hashtag for your Entry to be valid. By using the Hashtag, Entrants are consenting to receive direct messages and/or comments from the Sponsor via TikTok if they are selected as a potential winner.
- You must follow Snap! Store’s TikTok account @Snap_Spirit for your Entry to be valid.
- All identifiable individuals appearing in the Video must have provided to Entrant their express consent for the Entrant to submit such Video in this Contest (via TikTok), or in the case of a minor, the minor’s parent or guardian must have provided their express consent for the minor to appear in the Video submitted for this Contest. Entrant must be able to provide such permission(s) or proof in a form acceptable to Sponsor.
- Video must be family-friendly and not include any images or elements that in Sponsor’s sole judgement are profane, lewd, obscene, offensive, discriminatory, sexual, violent, or depict any drug or alcohol use.
- Video must be visible to Sponsor by virtue of Entrant’s profile on their TikTok account being public.
Entrant must have a valid TikTok account. If Entrant does not have the TikTok application, Entrant may download it for free through the applicable application store on Entrant’s computer or mobile device. If your TikTok account is set to the private setting and Sponsor cannot access your TikTok profile, your Entry may be disqualified and rejected as ineligible for consideration in the Contest.
Multiple Entrants may not share the same TikTok account. A potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that he/she is the authorized account holder of the TikTok account associated with a winning Entry and an eligible Entrant. The name of the person submitting the Entry must be (a) the name of the person who registered for the TikTok account and (b) the name of the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the TikTok account, otherwise, Entry may be deemed void. If it is discovered that an Entrant attempted to obtain more than one (1) Entry by using multiple TikTok accounts, identities, or any other methods, that Entrant’s Entries shall be deemed invalid, that Entrant shall be disqualified, (2) and any prize won shall be forfeited.
If entering with a mobile phone or other web-enabled device and using your wireless carrier’s network, standard data charges from your wireless carrier may apply. Check with your wireless service provider for details on these and any other applicable charges. Entrants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Mobile entry not required to submit an Entry into this Contest.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that the Entry conforms to all Entry Guidelines (those stated herein and as specified in Section 5), and that Sponsor may disqualify an Entry if it believes, in its sole discretion, that the Entry fails to conform to such guidelines. Entries that are not in accordance with the Entry Guidelines or are not received during the Contest Period will be ineligible.
5. Entry Guidelines: Any representations, statements and/or claims made in the Entry or accompanying caption must be truthful and Sponsor reserves the right to establish the truth and accuracy of such representations/statements/claims. Failure to provide verifiable proof upon Sponsor’s request in a timely manner will result in disqualification. Once submitted, Entrant cannot supplement, modify, or alter their Entry.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, THE ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES (A) THEIR ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEB SITE OR SOCIAL MEDIA ASSETS, AT THE SPONSOR’S DISCRETION AND (B) SPONSOR HAS NO OBLIGATION TO USE OR POST ANY VIDEO SUBMITTED. Except where prohibited, submission of an Entry grants the Sponsor and its agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit, publicly perform and/or modify such Entry in any way, in media, including for use in advertising and marketing, in perpetuity, without limitation, and without consideration to the Entrant.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction and will not place the Sponsor under any obligation. The Sponsor is free to disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. By acceptance of your submission, you acknowledge that the Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to the Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you. The Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen Entries.
By submitting an Entry, you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work; (b) has not been previously published (other than for personal use); (c) has not won previous awards; (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity, other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; and (e) that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third-party rights. Each Entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, the Sponsor and Promotion Parties from any claim to the contrary. Any Entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the Entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks, or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including the Sponsor’s use of such Entry, in a form satisfactory to Sponsor, upon request, prior to awarding of prize.
As determined by the Sponsor, in its sole discretion, Entries must meet the following guidelines: (a) Cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, political, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, or contain nudity; (b) Cannot promote alcohol, marijuana, illegal drugs, tobacco, vaping, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message; (c) Cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group; (d) Cannot promote terrorist acts or provide instructional information about illegal activities; (e) Cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging or slanderous remarks about the Sponsor, its advertising, its customers or its products, or other people, products or companies; (f) Cannot advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind (except the Sponsor’s), without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names (without permission, USE FIRST NAMES ONLY PLEASE, IF ANY), email addresses or street addresses; (g) Cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art, stills, or images published on or in television, movies, the Internet or other media, except such materials owned by the Sponsor) other than the allowed music as mentioned in Section 4, without permission; (h) Cannot contain background artwork, unless it is an original work of the Entrant; (i) Cannot contain materials embodying the names, likenesses, photographs, or other indicia identifying any person, living or dead, other than the Entrant, without permission; (j) Cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which the Sponsor wishes to associate; (k) Cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
If the Sponsor, at any time during the Contest Period, receives a complaint (including but not limited to a cease-and-desist letter, general letter of complaint, etc.) alleging intellectual property infringement in an Entry, the Sponsor reserves the right to remove such Entry at any point in the Contest Period, without prior notice and Entry will be deemed void and ineligible to receive a prize.
Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by the Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to Entrants. The Sponsor reserves the right to waive the submission requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
6. Contest Winner Selection:
Winners will be determined by the post with the highest “likes” from all eligible entries received by the end date of the contest. ANY VIOLATION OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES BY WINNER (AT SPONSOR ‘S SOLE DISCRETION) WILL RESULT IN WINNER’S DISQUALIFICATION AS WINNER OF THE CAMPAIGN, AND ALL PRIVILEGES AS WINNER WILL BE IMMEDIATELY TERMINATED.
7. Winner Notification: The winner will be notified by Sponsor via a comment on the Entrant’s winning post and a DM (direct message) on or about April 19, 2022. Sponsor will request winner’s contact information, including email address and date of birth, and if a minor, a media release form. Potential winners must provide the requested information within five (5) days, or the prize may be forfeited. Potential winners must have a public profile on their TikTok account used to enter in order to receive the notification or prize may be forfeited.
Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless or online service which may result in a potential winner not receiving a notification. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in Entrant’s TikTok account or their email address, mailing address and/or telephone number (after he/she has provided such information). Additionally, each potential winner will be required to complete, sign, and return a Declaration of Eligibility/Liability Release, and, where lawful, Publicity Release within seven (7) days as indicated on the document. If (a) an attempted notification is returned as undeliverable, (b) a potential winner does not respond to the instructions as stated within the notification, (c) required documents are not returned within the required time period, (d) a potential winner cannot be verified, or (e) a potential winner is otherwise unable to accept a prize as stated, the prize may be forfeited and an alternate winner determined, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
By accepting a prize, each winner agrees that their Entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Each winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to his/her Entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning Entry, in its sole discretion. Sponsor, it’s agencies and/or assigns shall have the unlimited right and permission to use, modify, edit, distribute, publish, reproduce, display, exhibit, create derivative works of or to otherwise transmit the Entry, in any media, including digital, electronic, print, television, film and any other media now known or hereafter devised, for the purpose of trade, advertising and promotion, or any other lawful purpose whatsoever, in perpetuity, throughout the world, without additional compensation to the Entrant or to any other party, except where prohibited by law. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title, and interest in and to the Entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may request the assignment.
8. Prize Details: Prizes (3): The winner will receive one (1) Apple AirPods Pro. (2) A voucher for a free Snap! Store custom spirit wear store for the “music program leader” (3) and $500 in-store credit to the Snap! Store for the “music program leader” to use at their discretion.
Prize Conditions: The Snap! Store credit is for one (1) store only. The music program leader is not allowed to spread the store credit across multiple Snap! Stores. This is not a cash prize. In the event the winner’s one (1) Snap! Store order is less than the full $500 USD prize stipend, the unused portion will remain in the store’s account to be used *. Music program leader’s Snap! Store must be claimed through Sponsor’s designated agent by December 31, 2022, and the Snap! Store Credit must be completed by December 31, 2023, or winner forfeits prize and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to winner.
No cash equivalent or substitution of prize is offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. No transfer of prize is permitted. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize or any component thereof for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize or any component thereof should become unavailable for any reason. The winner will be responsible for all federal, state, provincial, and/or local taxes, and for any other fees or costs associated with the prize he/she receives, regardless of whether it, in whole or in part, is used.
9. Release: By entering, Entrants agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its parent, subsidiary, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, including travel thereto.
10. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Contest constitutes the winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, TikTok handle, Entry (which may be altered, changed, modified, edited, used alone or with other works, as solely determined by Sponsor), photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for internal or promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration. If Sponsor intends to use your Entry for promotional purposes, Sponsor will attempt to contact you and notify you of its intent, but Sponsor is under no obligation to do so.
11. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures, human error, pandemics, acts of government, travel restrictions, changes in laws, or any other factor impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, or awarding of the prize, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor, in its sole discretion, may elect to determine the winners as described herein from among all eligible Entries received up to the date of discontinuance for the prize or an alternate prize of roughly similar value. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of the Official Rules of this or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
12. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (a) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (b) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (c) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest; (d) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of Entries; (e) incomplete, inaccessible including being blocked by TikTok Inc. due to filtering or operation of the TikTok Website, late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen Entries, email or mail; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Entrant’s participation in the Contest. Entry and use of the TikTok platform is at user’s own risk. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHER DAMAGES; AS A RESULT, THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU, AND THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPHS SHALL NOT APPLY TO A RESIDENT OF NEW JERSEY TO THE EXTENT DAMAGES TO SUCH NEW JERSEY RESIDENT ARE THE RESULT OF SPONSOR OR PROMOTION PARTIES’ NEGLIGENT, FRAUDULENT OR RECKLESS ACT(S) OR INTENTIONAL MISCONDUCT.
13. Disputes: Except where prohibited, Entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the courts of King County, Washington; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrants be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Washington or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Washington.
This Contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with TikTok.